Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sweet, Spicy, Steamy

I’ve made my debut. Sweet, Spicy, Steamy is on Smashwords for the wallet-crushing price of $0.99. (Why did keyboards do away with the cent sign? Or did they never have that key?)

Of course, Smashwords had to make the whole process a grating headache, so I ended up uploading (what I thought were) corrected versions. Eight in all, although it feels like thirty. But finally, I uploaded a version that didn’t receive the dreaded auto-vetter errors! message. And now that I have a working template, maybe I won’t get the error again when I upload another story.

That’s why I’m a bit late with announcing the publication. That, and work has been kicking my tushie. (Back when I was a student, I hated back-to-school sales because they meant the inevitable end of summer break. Now I hate them because of all the back-breaking work that goes with moving all that merchandise around. Not to mention we keep getting more of it…)

This has certainly been a learning experience. It wasn’t as painful as I’d feared, and people are interested in reading my first stories. Very encouraging. In fact, I’m going to get to work on my next story very soon.

I know I said it in my Final Thoughts and Thanks page in the book, but I have to say it again: Thanks and love to all those who supported me and allowed me to pursue my dream. I’m richer for it in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment